For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Testa dei Fra, 2824m March,18,2011 (Alpes)

Fulllll of energy I drove to Aosta valley again. That day was the first sunny day after the snowfalls....I had not planned that, but on thursday I read on gulliver that in this zone had snowed less than Piemonte.....so the I should take advantage, for sure!



Another dreamed house....



At 2100m the forest is over and the wide slopes start...Look at the strong wind of the ridge...



After catching up to the coll, a long ridge must be follow to get the real summit. Mont Blanc is seen for all along the ridge. The strong wind, the solitune and such wonderful views made that like actual alpinism.


Something big from the summit...Monte Combin?



Good snow in the whole descent...





With great views of the Italian alps.





Snow the line!




Knowing that the weather for the next days would be nice...I decided to overnight all the weekend.

Full Moon from the hostel.


On Saturday I went to La thuille. It was going to be the worst day of the weekend....anyway, the Sun was shinning all the day there unlike other places of the valley.....GOOD CHOICE!....if I had been with someone, it would have been a "key" day to show pics of fresh snow....but I was alone....anyway I enjoyed it sooooo much! Incredible the potential of freeride in La Thuille! What´s more I just visited the Italian part...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario