For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Rocca Marchissa, 3080m March 23 2011 (Alpes)

Last day of snowboarding before leaving to Spain 3 days. In that time I went southwards I had ever gone. Afterwards, had I gone many times to Aosta valley this month. I chose Val Varaita in Cuneo region to rise this 3000 peak.

Like it´s usually in me I did not wake up early...If the conditions are ok, it just has one problem....the heat! Anyway I carried enough water, and the classical Coca Cola was waiting for me in the bar.

I left the car at 1750m with full of snow.

Upper in the valley, there is a plane. From there the peak can be seen all along the trail It is in the middle.

From the coll at 2850m I had to walk down to solve rocks. Later the slope became steeper and a little bit exposed with some rock close to the summit as you can see.

From the summit I could enjoy a different views that the previous days of Aosta. The south face of Monviso is less awesome than one can be seen from Torino. Anyway it is!

Southwards the Marittime alps. Actually I do not know if this summit belongs to them, or on the contrary still belongs to Cozie alps.


Me with my second 3000 of the Alps!

From the summit to the coll, the snow was spring but enjoyable. Later due to be north face the snow remain more powder till 2300m.

Maybe the better turns of the descend..


After that, there were like 400m left with hard or spring snow. The day finished with two Coca Cola and good music close to the car...I had to rest after 1350m...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario