For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pico Sagrado Corazon, 2214m 9-Marzo-2010 (Picos de Europa)

It seemed difficult, but finally I had a sunny day. We chose eastern massif, which was full of snow. I began walking at 11am aprox. I came across with ten Guardias Civiles en Jito de Escarandi.

In the pic we see the Canal de las Vacas, over there I descended later. But in the ascent I went on the track to Caseton de Andara. It also shows the aesthetic Macondiu.

I followed the footprint of skiers.

Once I overcame the Trasmacondiu coll, the views were 100% high mountain.
My intention was to ascent the Sagrado Corazon peak. To do it, I kept on following the footprint as far as San Carlos coll. Once there, I ascended on my own the two hundred meters that there were between me and the summit.
The snow of the wide ridge was quite damaged for the wind. It was almost all ice.


Although you can´t see on the picture, wind was quite strong. It didn´t help me to take more photos.



Few minutes later we started the descendt. I didn´t descend over the main slop of that peak. I prefered descend on the way I had rise before due to my unknowledge of the terrain and the risk of avalanche, mainly.
Anyway I enjoyed the recent snow covered...All them into a fantastic place... What else can I ask?

The second part of the descent goes through Canal de las Vacas, from 1900m to 1300m. It has a form like a pipe, quite narrow in bot part, but easy.


Finally, the day in dates: 1150m of vertical ascent and the same of descent, 4h50min in total.
Later I spent some time looking the central massif and how shone while the clouds played with it.
Are you sure that you dont´t like mountains?

I have no doubts, It is a fantastic place.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario