For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Peña El Robezo, 2046m 14-Marzo-2010 (C.Cantabrica)

The last Sunday, I drove to Ventana´s pass. I had problems on the road because of the snow covered. I had to put the chains, but one of them was faulty. I missed 3hour. Finally, the snowplough appeared and with their help and tools, we achieved pass the worst part.

When I was be able to start walking, already it was 2pm! The goal of that day was "explore" the Colines peak and surroundings. Firstly, there is a path as fas as Cuspasante.

Colines peak from the path.



Once there, I was speaking with a skier who came from Colines peak. He told me that Colines was bad due to the wind and rocks for being skiing. In fact, he turned back before the summit.


Finally, we deciced to rise Peña El Robezo, which had better look than the slop of Colines. From the summit...

Morronegro at the background.


I made a good choice. The snow was awesome!


The descend goes on through Las Vallinas.

In the bot part, there was 200m left of descent.


In spite of the problems on the road, going in a hurry and the bad aspect of the main goal (Colines peak)...I enjoyed a really good descend in this unknown zone of Ubiña for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario