For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Peña Cerreos, 2104m 15-Marzo-2010 (C.Cantabrica)

Began the week with a hard Monday...I am being ironic! The forecast for that days were nice, so I deciced to take advantage. We went out of lessons at 11 am. Noel and me drove to Tuiza.

Peña Ubiña from "La Portilla".

The mountain refuge of Meicin. You can see the Cerreos peak at the left, which is the goal for that day. The first step was rise to Terreros coll.

As you can see the slope would seem very well. Later we checked it, with positive result...jaja.




From Terreros, the sights of Peña Ubiña Pequeña are fantastic.



Noel couldn´t rise the peak. The grampones were necessary for the last 50m. He prefered wait me.
From the summit...



Amazing...I hope I descend peña Ubiña next month.


The slope from the peak to the coll was too little snow. But the rest was formidablous, specially from the coll to the refuge.



We could skiing as far as 1400m.


The path runs in a wild enviorement. A big forest, and at the background La Tesa y La Mesa.
In 5 hours we were in Tuiza again.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario