For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Tossa Plana de LLes, 2918m February, 10th 2013

Today was a proof of faith after the snowy day I enjoyed/suffered yesterday in Aran when Sun was even suppose to shine in the morning.

I was not going to go skiing today, but for some reason -maybe universal balance- I motivated myself when I was trying to sleep in saturday´s night.

Weather forecast predicted again just cloudy sky. But really, what would weather be like? Today´s forecast was more accurate and yes...I finally managed to enjoy a sunny day with the big amount of snow fallen in the last weeks.

I went to Cerdanya for first time in my life. I have always heard abour this part of the eastern Pyrinees. The peak chosen was the second highest peak in Cerdanya, just after Carlit and above Puigmal for a few meters.

I started at 1950 from Lles ski nordic resort. Consider that all the route is south face....Beatiful pine woods loaded of snow. Deep snow in the whole trail as it used to be in Alps.



I had to deal with the deep snow on my own sometimes.


Then I got the trail again. there were a great deal of people tracking up. Coming from the valley, sometimes clouds reduced visibility.


I was almost there....

Last meters to the summit....Calling it as "plana" makes all sense! 


Sono pronto per scendere!! (2918m)


The snow was impressive! Great powder in the endless slope of this peak...This was, by the way, one of the longest slope I ever rided straight....Nearly 1000m of just descending straight an so making the most of the descent...


And it keeped going...(2700m)

....and going...(2400)
...and going...(2200)

...and going...Sierra del Cadi at the background

...and going...(2000m)...

Then one piste would take me in 40min to the car. This was what i could call a "descent-effective" peak...All the way down from 2918m to 1975m...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario