For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Epic day! 2x800m in POWDER, pines, steep peaks and endless slopes! February, 27th 2013

This is what splitboard is made for...

Round one: from the tunnel at 1300 - cabana deth Pontet - snowy point at 2000m




Its not the Rocky mountains, its the Pyrinees...




Utah...??



Colorado...?!


Good place to take a break after such a good descent...


Local wild animals...There is a deer!!

 

Round 2: from the tunnel - endless forest - Tuc Hornos qt. 2200m....

This was a off day at work so I had to make the most of it. Nobody where climbing up peaks (high risk of avalanche), but there were plenty of skiprints made by locals going to the good and safe slopes...


I was nearly a couple of hours just skining up through the forest. Althoug I had a map, I wasn´t sure where this skiprint was taking me. But such a marked path must go to a good place...Together with the tiredness sometimes made it difficult when I just kept going up through a close forest.....

    

But as I though locals knew where they were going....The forest opened up above 1900m...



My aim was Tuc de Hornos. There was just 200m left but nobody had gone any further from this coll. It looked quite risky to do it on my own so I made the wise decision of snowboarding down...


Up the is the coll...These turns are priceless...And I assure you there were many of them from 2200m to 1700m.



Endless slope...By that time I had acumulated +1600m and my legs were sore...


From 1700 skiprints went into a tube which took me to the path 10mins away my car...



I havent been yet to the Rockies....but I guess it must be something close to this day....ja-ja

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario