For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Rañaoriu peak, 2031m March, 24th 2012 (C.Cantabrica)

Last weekend I went back real home to see family and friends.

Among other things to do I wanted some "little" adventure with my snowboard. Unfortunatly snow covered is melting one thousand times as fast as it would with average temperatures for the season. Stopping it is out of my control, what I can only do is to make the most of it while there is still something left.

Pablo and Alberto were planning which actually was a pretty good one. We headed up Black River valley (jajaja) with Alberto´s rig. We left the car at around 1100 and walked untill 1400m where we started tracking up with the skins tracks. We had to cross some stone bridge.


Just after some meadows the path turned out to be a bit rocky and some other small water streams coming all the way down from the melting snow must be crossed.
It was a beatiful place. The sprint on the snow reminded me of the countless days in Alps with deep snow.
The landscape changed as we went higher. The end of the valley, with is the natural boundier between Asturias and Leon was full of snow. The diference between the green grass from the bottom part and the snowy upper part was notorious and pretty characteristic of the last days of the season, this year earlier than others.
Since the last part of the Estorbin de Valverde was very icy, I was straight to do some peak so I went to a closer peak which showed a better looking. They went to the Estorbin and took me some pics while I was doing the last meter through the wide ridge till the white and rounded summit.
Finally I got there and could enjoy those lonely moments with privileged views.

The descent was relative steep in some parts as it is not usually be in these mountains if you dont look for it. It was good definetely a good one, not as short as I though.
I didnt take any pic during it untill I stopped to re meet them and do the rest together.
Untill white inevitably turned into green.
So we said goodbye to winter...
...and welcome the bright and colourful spring coming.
Twenty min more to the car through some beatiful trees, cabins and rivers.
Eventually, we took some beers in such a hot day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario