For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Cornon peak, 2125m May, 1st 2012

Quite dificult to believe, but weather had prevented us from skiing for somewhat longer than a month.Yes, after a no-winter with just a few -good though- snowfalls in mid Febrary, it seems as April was meant to recieve all the snow the winter owed us since its poor begginings.


Weekends werent the exception either so we had to wait. The "D" day was today, a supposed work-day which played a strategic role (in the random of a regular schedule) to take some rides. Otherwise, I wouldnt have been able to do anything. I was keen to visit Alto Campoo since I havent ever come here and I wanted to go there now I am living in Cantabria.

They day was promising towards one side and hopeless towards the other. Althoug I prefered to climb two peaks from the same side, we didnt. We climbed the Tres Mares peak with heavy windy and fog. It was totally unworthy, so I skip uploading any pics from there. Once in Brañavieja, we went all the way up to Cornon peak which looked much more attractive.






The winter kept blowing. I was a little bit scared right in the summit actually.




Nothing happened. We just enjoyed what a good winter day can offer. The snow condition was perfect to go down (algo to go up). It reminded me of alpine conditions. With soft and ankle-deep snow.

I swear, the descent was priceless for both quality and latest season.



We were about to climb la Tabla but we didnt want to get in troubles by the strong wind. Let´s see how much quality ang how many activities the rest of the season gives.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario