For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

M. Gaissiez 2588m 5-Febrero-2011 (Alpes)

On Saturday we went to Val Thures. It´s a valley really resourceful for skiing. I must come back here again to do two of the classics close to Torino: "Dormillouse" and "Terra Nera". Yesterday we did not have enough time. I should sleep more than the previous days. I caught up with Claudio at 9am.

The travel time took us longer than I expected. Anyway, we were not in a hurry. The days are already longer. The first part, rough 2km, are flat.

The photo is at 2000m, after 1h from the car.



Claudio rising the slopes.


From the summit we can see the big slope for us! There were places still virgin to leave ours marks!


The result was A W E S O M E! The best descent I´ve ever had here!!! 500m of descent with a perfet snow, with just some scattered pine and steep enough to go fast with that deep snow! I could not take any photo.....

This pic is at 2000 after the great descent...Later we followed the track to the car.


Typical construction of Piemonte Alps.

Vediamo cosa faremo questa settimana! Ciaoo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario