For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Punta Aquila, 2120m 19-Febrary-2011 (Alpes)

I arrived home at 7am...I was on the point of leaving directly but I decided to take a nap. I prefered to do this to not enjoy the day because of being too tired. Anyway, some day I should do that althougt it is really easy and frequented. There are just 50km from Torino.

I arrived in Alpe Colombino at 14:30 where the track starts. There are 850m of desnivel between the bot and the top part. I tried to go as fast as I can, and I got the summit in 80min.

Last slope to Punta Aquila...


In spite of being so frequented the final ridge seem to me more difficult than MS. In fact I put of my split to make the last meters by steps. It was a nice surprise...a little adventure!


Summit with the Sun getting down.


I ate something at the top to relax with the silence and solitude. The views from there are different from any point of the high valleys. It´s really close to the city...

Finally I could leave my own marks especially in the first slopes. There were some virgin parts. The snow kept on being good as before days.

Summig up, a good choice for cheering an afternoon up! Today is snowing again. I´ll have things to do this week but I´m planning to do at least 3 days. I´m realising that skiing in the resorts is boring...especially if the conditions off-piste are ok.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario