For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

M.Giulian 2547m 3-Febrero-2011 (Alpes)

Another sunny day in Piemonte! That Thursday I went alone to Val Germanasca. This valley is also known by "13 laghi". Several lakes below peaks like Cialancia and others appear, fixing this valley as summer place near to Torino.

I left the car in Giordano with some others skiers who had already begun before. The first part consist of crossing the forest like in the most of the smallest peaks like these.

Going up through the forest is beatiful but it becomes unpleasent when you are descending because the trees do not let you to choose your way and turn over whenever or wherever you want.

Little by little, did the forest clear up from 2000m.

I started to have a wide views behind me. At the foreground a big rock buried under snow and strating from left-hand side a steep ridge with some pines in the right-hand side. There were 300m still left to the summit.


And summit! I was talking with a man in the summit who took me a pic. He said how worse was this year in amount of snow specially in some parts. He made me worry aboit it...I do not wanna to stop snowboarding until July!


The descent was good just until the first trees. After the descent turned out no so pleasent due to some factors like: deep snow, the big amount of trees and the little slopness of the terrain. Anyway as you can see the first slopes remind me of the greatest snow days in Asturias after the snowfalls.


Summing up, another good day in the Alps with a little bit more of 1000m vertical ascent and a greats turns specially from the summit to the forest. On Friday I went to Bardonecchia to ride faster on the pistes!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario