For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pico de la Mina, 2683m...easy place to test my new equipment..April, 6th 14

After spending Friday and Saturday in Barcelona, I left Barcelona on Sunday early in the morning to make the most of the weekend. It had been snowing in the previous days and the temperatures rose fastly right after. The risk of avalanche was quite high because the new layer of snow didnt bound to the old one.

I went to a riskless peak in "coll du puymorens". This zone lies between Andorra and France. It was my first time here, although I had been to Pas de la Casa many times which is quite close to this spot. I didnt want to mess myself up in a longer trip because I was testing a pair of new boots and attachings.

The goal is on the left-hand side of the picture.




Despite April is being anormally hot, this still provided a good sign of how snowy the winter was.


Better snow than I thought.


Oh perfect! The last meters must be done on foot. Good to test my semiautomatic crampons on my boots, and also good to break the samey ascent.


And summit in less than a couple of hours. There was a bulk of people up there. Hearing French up there reminded me of some places in the italian Alps where was normal to come across French people.


Step by step to go down.



And the descent, which was good in its first part but then it flatted out too much and became something I wish I had skipped of the day! 


Not bad for finishing up the weekend. Easy place and numbers, just +800m.

Little by little I am visiting more and more places here in the Pyrenees.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario