For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pic de L´Aiguillette, 2508m...one of the 2 options in the north side of Bielsa tunnel April 13rd 14

Sunday posed perfect weather conditions but terrible snow. And this is quite a pity because with such a certainty of good weather it would have been one of those days when one attempts to long -in time and lenght- trails. Since that wasnt a clever choice because of the snow and tried to at least look for where the better snow was. The result was this summit in the north side of the tunnel between Aragnout (France) and Bielsa (Spain).

I woke up quite early -in this sense was good to have slept in that picnic area- and started tracking up at half past eight. The snowpack was hard but Sun was already shinning in the main slope of the descent. By the way, the trail was easy and fast. It reminded me of many days in the Cantabrican mountains where many times you just see the peak from the car.


I skip more pictures from the valley, since it´s easy to picture where I went over. I had to do on foot the last meters of the ridge.


No big views from the summit except for this rocky walls. I think Its the Tromouse area. One of the valleys which lies paralell to Gavarnie. Its amazin how close I was both days to Gavarnie but how far it is by car. It would have taken 2h If I had wanted to go there .



As many places on intertet says: short but good and fast descent. The first slope was fast and steep and still with not as bad  snow as the previous day.


After this 200m-lenght slope, more good slopes was still to come. Good turns actually, I felt satisfied!

What it was left after the good slopes! The car was just down there waiting for me.


Somewhat bitter weekend.... Definetely the snow was not the best to enoy the descent especially on Saturday, just on Sunday I really catched "good" snow but too short slightly below 800m of vertical drop. Let´s see if May comes with greater ski days! But still, having  meal in Pineta valley was totally worthy!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario