For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Serrat de Pomarola, 2098m March, 9th 2013

According to the weather forescast, it was unadvisable to be in the mountains after midday due to possible storms and showers. In my opinion, the chances of storms were low. Anyways, I followed the forecast and went to an easy peak that was on the list.

I left the car at 1300, a couple of km down the road from the tunnel. The first half n hour I had to walk. Then I could start skinning up through a shitty forest with plenty of banches on the way due to the load of snow of last weeks.



Fortunately, the forest opens from 1550m on.


As the guided says, easy peak with one and long slope til the summit. 


A cabin buried. The summit is right there.



And here I am. It turned out to be a good panoramic point . The scenary was gorgeous.



It was 13pm and there werent even lots of clouds...I think I ve been too prudent. The slope runs from the summit till the the forest. Pretty long slope...


..together with far good snow..



Close to 600m of descent. Thats all. Its over. Once I entered the forest I could just slide down the best way posible and then walk for 20min to the car.



It was good, but I was keeping this peak for a day with poor visibility or high avalanches s risk. I ended up crossing out yesterday. If I had known weather was going to be that way, I would have gone to higher and further summit. On Sunday happened the same....ja-ja.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario