For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Cima delle Blave, q.2150m 2-Dic-2010 (Alpes)

My opening day in alpine backcountry!

On last thursday I was keen to start mounteneering. I could not wait more for bringing my equipment, so I decided to rent a snowshoes. Anyway I was going to spend money in the skipass so...

I had not my car yet, so I went to bardonecchia (1300m). It is an alpine village in high Valle di Susa. I meet with Valerio in the train station. We had not seen before, but we was talking in the train. He was hesitating wheter coming with me. Finally, he fell into temptation and we went together.

We explored a wide and large ridge that ends in Punta Nera (3042m) in Rho valley. The other side of the valley is closed with Rocca Bernauda as highest peak (3228m).







We stopped at 2150m due to the deep snow. It made difficult our progress. The descend was among the forest with deep and difficult snow like in ski films.

It was a good day with 800m of vertical drop. On Saturday more!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario