For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Por el Toneo y la LLomba 2-2-2010 (C.Cantabrica)

I decided to take advantadge of last snowfall and this sunny day and when I finished my penultimate exam I went "skiing".



I hadn´t thought the peak for today, so finally I started to go up using the slopes of Fuentes de Invierno. Once on the top of a nearby peak of the resort, I went down to the other valley "Riopinos". The descent had 250-300m aproximatly with good and fast snow. I enjoyed it very much.



The pictuce below is the view from the top. In there it appears the "Vegarada" area, mainly.







Later I had to overcome the meters spent in the descent. It was a nice day; it wasn´t too hot, so it wasn´t too hard.



Once on the ridge again, I saw a lines in a slop (of Toneo Peak) in front of me. In the pics below you can see the zone. The second was taken with zoom.









I walked a few minutes over the ridge to reach this zone. The picture below is a part of the slope after I descended. It was sloping enough, It was funny!




When I arrived at home I could see the other face of the same peak at the same hour....with an enourmous avalanche...I don´t want to think what could have happened if I had chosen descend over there.




Later I kept on skiing to my car. On the pics below appear some steeps peaks of "Sierra del Ajo" and the forest below them. Actually, the Cantabrian mountains look winter.












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario