For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pico Lago, 2009m (C.Cantabrica) 10-Febrero-2010

Today has been the first day before exams. The forecast wasn´t too good, so I put all the equipment into the car to be able to choose between resort or backcountry. The decision was so difficult...that I end up choosing both.

I was skiing in Fuentes with a fantastic snow, where there were 10-15cm of new snow on the old snow in off-piste. I was all the time descending on off-piste to enjoy "breaking" the snow.

After skiing for 4hours, I drove to Señales´s pass to rise Lago Peak. It´s an easy peak, perfect to make in 1 or 2 hours.

The weather looked worse, but I trusted on my lucky..jaja


In a few minutes I had already overcome the main slope, through virgin pine woods (pinar de Lillo).





Once up, the "path" goes on over the ridge, as you can see on the video.







Less of an hour and summit!!! I am astonished of my fitness.. jajaja. View of a small part of Cantabrican Mountains from Lago Peak (2009m).



And the descent...with an excelent views.



The last slope of today with an incredible snow, like in the resort...but in a mountain away from people or buildings, whatever makes it more genuine.








Weather for next days is going to be bad...I hope It gets better...
Wir sehen uns in Berg.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario