For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Piz Rondadura, 3016m...exploring Ticino in winter

On Saturday 8th I drove to passo Lucamagno, border between the canton of Ticino and the Grissons. My idea was to spend a weekend in this southern/central part of the Alps. In roughly 3.5h drive I got there. The weekend was expected to be sunny, except for some high altitude clouds today. 

The goal of today from the beginning...just 1200m away.


I passed a group and kept alone.




Last 30m to the real summit were rocky and exposed.



From the top, the last meters over the ridge and rocks.


The descent was good. The wind has blown most of the snow that fell the days before, but it was accumulated in patches...


The descent was fast and steady...very good for the splitboard.



Great day in a not very visited part of the Alps.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario