For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Bisaurin, 2668m....a giant of western Pyrenees...March, 8th 14

There we go....One month after the last one but I managed to go up to the Pyrenees this weekend after some personal issues. To be honest, I needed to do it. After a resounding Yes for the first question, Do I have to go? The second question, where exactly would I like to go? wasnt that easy to respond. Aran and France werent worth going there because  powder is gone, Cerdanya was my last trip, Benasque is better for the last of the season, my goals in Andorra are more for April and I still have to buy maps for other zones....Then I remember Jaca wasnt that far, and for me was a whole new place to discover but familiar. Within the zone, Bisaurin was probably the best one to start with...and was in my mind for years since its the "highest range" in Pyrenees which is nearest to Asturias.

Due to different issues I got Lizara (1450m) at 11am and set up few minutes later. There its the summit...but still so far up...



The trail goes around the mountin in . After some up-hills there is a traverse and then it goes all straight up to a kind of coll which is the lowest point of this picture.




Once in the coll, the way up to the summit is clear. This huge slope steadily gets steeper up to a point in which crampons where required.


After overcoming the other half of the ascent (600m) I got the summit. We were tons of people up there...I took myself a picture with Le Midi d´Ossue right betwen my head and board. The snowy ridge of Bisaurin at its best!


Westwards the most alpine part of the Navarrian Pyrenees: Mesa de los Tres Reyes, Anie...From there, the Pyrenees are almost over. I almost got to see my Cantabrican sea...jajaja.

Consider, that Bisaurin is the first peak higher than Torre Cerredo. The roof of Picos de Europa is the highest peak in 400km radius.


And here it comes....the GREAT and GIANT slope of Bisaurin. Not surprinsingly, Bisaurin is well known for its great descent along the south face. And if you happen to catch it with this gorgeous corn snow....its simply and orgasm...! 

Wide, steep, long, perfect....



Once in the coll, the descent its not over...Its not such a great one like the first part, but there is still 600m left to keep enjoying...


Last turns approaching Lizara refuge.


A highly recommended activity...Seriously, one of the best descents I ve made here in the Pyrenees...I guess I caught it in super good conditions, but still...1200m of pure happiness.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario