For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Cap de Raspes Roies, 2754m...when option "A" isn´t in good conditions January, 2nd 2014

Shame! I have bought a whole book with 45 trips in Vall de Boi but none fit the bill..I needed a south face one to catch the good corn snow instead of the all-day firm snow.  There were beautiful north face´s options but today wasnt the day to really enjoy them. But still I wanted to do something in this valley so I though this peak was a good choice. At the very worst I could go up and down on pistes...

I set out from Boi Taull parking at 1950m. First, I avoided pistes as much as posible and managed to get the 2500m of height with barely put a foot on a piste.



From here I had to go up along the only possible way to the summit: this circle ridge over which was a piste obviously.



Then summit. This is the highest point of Boi Taull ski resort, and also of any ski resot in the Pyrinees which is quite funny because the resort is almost at the "beginning" of the Pyrenees. As I said, this is one of the first high elevations of the Pyrenees. The view southwards was the fog over the Lleida´s flatland.

At least the descent was great along of the main piste of the resort"


The thing is I have to came back again and enjoy some of the goods "randonee" here...This wasnt nearly enough!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario