For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Montmalús, 2782m...Essence of Andorra! April, 14th

Second day in Andorra. I decided to go to Montmalus, which is possibly the most well-known peak here in Andorra. I left the park at Gray Roig and had to cross the pistes.

Montmalus is the snowy peak at the background. It seemed quite far away actually.


Many people were there that day. The conditions were bright for spring.


Still far away!


Now, I am getting to the coll.


Everybody left things here at the coll so I did the same and I faced the last meters on foot.


Here I am! This is quite likely to be the last summit in Andorra I´ll be reaching this season. 


That´s why people left skis in the coll.


After somewhat difficult part to get to the main slope from the coll, the descent was very easy and enjoyable with perfect corn snow.


Especially in the forest....hot breeze caressing my face while skiing through the pine forest, such a good feeling just possible in April or May! 


All good things come to an end...This weekend Ill be going to Bcn but I hope I am active enough to get the last summit of april done on Sunday. After that, if I manage to go 4 or 5 times in both May and June (a pair of 3000) would have been a very profitable and balanced season.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario