For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Monte Thabor, 3170m April 13 2011 (Alpes)

This week, I hadn´t planned to do anything. I´m just thinking in my next trip and resting of the last 10 alpine days.

Obviosly, I couldn´t resist one sunny day more and what´s more visiting an unknown valley for me.

Carlos+Carlos went to Stretto valley. This valley is settled close to Bardonecchia, and it´s a hard-fought terrain with France. Since 1949 France took the right over the valley untill nowadays.

We left the car at 1640m...and the snow covered started at 2100m....so we had to walk a lot.

While I was walking it reminded me of the Dolomiti. I´ve never been there, but in mi opinion that looks similar.

Carlos getting the summit.


Even on the summit the snow covered was damaged. In this part of the Alps it has far snowed below the average.

Massiff Ecrins.


Behing the last mountains Ginebra takes place. So we saw the end of the Alps...

The first 200m the snow was too hard, later became softer.


The snow covered would end soon...

We could have said that we went to Dolomiti...

Pretty place...

Lonely dirty road...


A classical trip ski tour day from Torino, but there was not so much snow left to really make the most of the zone.

Now it´s time to Mediterranean style and go to Sicily!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario