For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Zischgeles, 2963m...first snow day in Tirol

I arrived in Innsbruck rom Hamburg at 7 30am....then picked up the car and somehow i was skinning up around 10 30.

Today the meteo would change to bad…the question was, how fast? I still decided to give a try and go for a classic of the Tirol. It offers a super great descent and is a 3000m, althoug because of the meteo I could not reach it.

The day started promising...even warm!




After 1.5h the clouds started to build...


Despite it, I kept going, and somehow I was rewarded with an above the clouds view near the summit.



At that point i decided to wait a bit and see how the clouds layer would develop.  I skip the proper summit, because i would actually need to do it on foot...and i was alone there (everyone else, went down already).

I started to go down with some "above the heaven" turns….very few unfortunately. Then I entered the clouds..with not much visibility. Luckily it was quite easy to navigate.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario