For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Puigmal, 2913m...my last trip to eastern Pyrenees April, 21st 2013

Second time I do both things in the same weekend! Its difficult to choose between good spring skiing days or partying in Bcn with the arrival of sun and heat!. This weekend I had party in Bcn but it also set as the last suitable weekend to "cross out" the Puigmal this season. Puigmal was important for me as its a major summit in eastern Pyrenees and the last one I still had on the list for this season in this part of the Pyrenees.

 Having barely slept 2hours, I left from Bcn at 8:30. I took the highway of Cadi, so I paid like 25e in tolls in exchange for a considerable reduction of the driving time. I went to the north face, so properly I was in France! So cool! Ja-ja 

Easy slopes but quite firm snow. What´s more I did it almost entirely on foot...


Let me say, that the place was quite awful in comparison with so many other places here...


And summit! This is by the way the highest peak in the province of Girona. Extraordinary bird-eye´s-view of the Cerdanya -both spanish and french-.


Sadly the snow kept firm by the time I was going down -even some skiers still carried their skis on their back-. On the other hand, the slopes werent difficult so I could enjoy it.



From there on, the snow had soften up!



A few hundred meters over the road to get back to the car.


Before I knew it, I had climbed the Puigmal (+1000m), snowboarded it down and got back to the car...It wasnt that hard, despite the sleepless night! There is nothing like no doubting things when you sensibly know you can do it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario