For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pic de Bastiments, 2881m April, 7th 2013

After two weekends in Barcelona and Port Aventura and 5 days vacation in the Alps I am back here again!! Well the trip to the Alps was a complete failure. I was pretty disappointed after all the drive I made and it definetely was a waste of money. 

I went to Barcelona for partying on Saturday´s night but I was certain to do some skiing in the Pyrinees on Sunday too. This is easy to combine if you dont drink too much and are willing to sleep around 3 hours and start the climb at 13 pm....jajaj. Good for me, I am that kind of people so I left from la Barceloneta at 10:30.

Pic de Bastiments is the last summit towards the east that reach the 2800m height. Its "massiff" is also the last one with many summis of remarkable height. Its a must in the catalan Pyrinees and probably that day was for me the most suitable (quite close to barna and had snowed the previous days).

I left the car at 1950 in Vallter 2000.


After a somewhat "narrow" part through a tube, the track clearly goes onto Marrana coll.



From Marrana coll I had already overcome more than half of the altitude differente. Its at 2550m. There were plenty of people. Actually, many people was going up at the same time (would have all of them gone out? jaja).


Thats the reason! There werent just skiers up there....a special military unit were performing manoeuvres! You see I had to come to the Pyrinees to come across people doing heliskiing and now the Spanish Army! What´s next?!


A kind skier took me a picture in the summit. This is probably the further east I would probably be in the Pyrinees. Bear in mind that Mediterranean sea is seen from the summit. There is hardly 60km between it and the Mediterranean...


The descent was direct. The main slope from the summit to the coll was fast in its first 200m then became almost flat but steep enough to slide down. It was full of snow and is south face!! Gra de Fajol is opposite us showing its snowy north face.


From the coll it was time for long and easy turns...


The final tube with Mediterranean pines. 


Quite fast summit. It took me just hour and a half to complete the 850m and 8km. Today is a day to give example of why: always having to wake up early to go to the mountains, is in my opinion, stupid!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario