For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Pico Murcia, 2350m 14-2-09 (C.Cantabrica)

I went out of Aviles at 6am. I was driving during a bit more of 3h to arrive in Cardaño de Arriba at 9´30 am. This zone is far from my "part" of the Cantabrican mountains. I did around 220km to get it, almost all on secundary roads. I enjoyed it very much, because I like driving. Furthermore I saw the beatiful snowy mountains, woods and meadows at the dawn while I was driving. It was a really amazing hours.

Rodri was waiting for me in the village. Our goal is the peak that appears at the background. It seems to me like a volcan.


As you see, we had to cross a few bridges.


To cross the last small river, there isn´t a bridge.

We chose other way to climb it. Our choice goes on a ridge that ends in Murcia peak from the south. It´s more beatiful because the north face of Espigüete is always behind us.

As I said before, the trail goes on the ridge with other summits before Murcia peak.

The north face of Espigüete is always visible.


Westwards the Cantabrican mountains full of snow!
We were nearly the summit.


And summit!
Rodri went down walking, so I went down alone.










It finished there. The descent was very good. I was lying at the Sun until Iodri arrived.

That day I had the party of a friend in Aviles, so we had to go back fastly. On the road we could see the same, but in the dusk. I was still better than in the dawn.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario