For snowboarders who like mountains...

This blog has been created with the purpose of compiling almost all my backcountry days from my first steps in the Cantabrican mountains to mountain ranges such as the Alps and the Pyrenees, and hopefully filled in the future with many travels in the pursuit of great rides and remote areas. Enjoy the reading!

Rapaina, 2022m 28-Febrero-2010 (C.Cantabrica)

I can call this day: "the day after Xynthya". I got up at 10am. I saw on internet the weather was more and less nice in the mountains, so I decided to go hikking. I went to San Isidro´s range to rise Rapaina Peak.

Toneo Peak from the road.


Requejines Peak.

Those are good options, but my peak of today is Rapaina peak (below pic).


I had to overcome the bank of the river, because I wasn´t be able to cross before. It was swollen due to positive temperatures and rain of the previous days.


Later we rose the main slope, which it runs from 1550m to the top.
From the top, 2022m, we enjoyed the excelent views of the zone.










Mountains in Caso.


Later we descended the 500m. The snow wasn´t too good...The rain and wind had hardened the snow. In spite of it, the snow could be skied. When I was finishing the route, it snowed weakly.
My sport watch has counted 700m of vertical ascent. It is good, specially when I have though going nowhere.
The picture below shows Peñas del Ajo, in which bottom part we can see the damage suffered this warm days.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario